Friday, June 29, 2012

Week Ten: Fathers and Finances

According to The Family: A Proclamation to the World, a father's primary responsibilities are to preside, provide, and protect their family.  When planning what job to take a the provider of a family it is always important to weigh the benefits and the costs.  To see is something is really worth is, I like to look at it in this way:

 Benefits
-Costs   
Real worth

This is to say that if a job has benefits to it (and I don't mean just financial, but whatever is best of your family, which might also mean time at home on the weekends or evenings, or possibly having Sunday and Monday off instead of the weekend, etc.) and the costs (or negative effects to your job whatever they may be for you and your wife) aren't too high, or they don't out weigh the benefits, then it is probably a good decision to make.  It is important to follow the Spirit and Heavenly Father's guidance when making this decision on how you'll provide for your family.  

I'm personally willing to do everything I can in order to create what Michelle and I want for our family.  She wants more than anything to be a stay-at-home mom with our kids and to not work outside the home.  I am in full support of that and will work whatever jobs I have to or can in order to make it happen.  Also, I'm extremely committed to making sure I'll be home for her when she and the family needs me.  Somehow I know all of that will work out, and it's motivation, purpose, and dedication as a husband and future father.  Do you have a plan and goals for your family? If not, take time to ponder and discuss what would be best for your family.  

No comments:

Post a Comment